Brains are fantastic at creating feelings of anxiousness and sometimes you just want your mind to quiet down. There are unhealthy ways to quiet your mind like drinking too much or binging on Netflix. In this episode I go over four simple (and healthy!) ways to quiet your mind, including one way that you might not expect.
A note about this episode: The ideas I present are simple on the surface, but they aren’t necessarily easy. Sometimes the simplest things to do are the hardest. However I give you some actionable ways to get started using some of these tactics.
You might even find that by trying out a couple of these things, you discover a new coping skill that will lower your stress. This can help you create a plan for when the storms of life try to throw you off course.
- Types of thoughts you might want to quiet down
- Reliving the past
- What being in a state of flow does to quiet your mind
- Ways to enter the ‘zone’ to turn down the volume on your thoughts
- Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
- What people misunderstand about meditation
- Choose one of the four things I mention in this episode and commit to trying it. While you try it, see if it quiets your mind. What works for one person, might not work for another.
Resources & References
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumba – A fun dance workout
- http://thewitcher.com/en/witcher3 – The current video game I’m playing. Sooooo good!