If you’ve ever found yourself too busy to do your daily chores, I’ve come up with a technique that helps you get things done. It’s simple and you may have heard it before, but there are some powerful shifts in perspective in this episode that can make this even more effective! So lets get learning and cleaning.
- Reframing stress: Treat it as a way to build discipline
- How does it feel to work in a messy environment?
- Your environment can determine how fast you heal
- “Noise causes stress (as evidenced by increased heart rate and blood pressure and reduced oxygen levels in the blood in both adults and babies) and is related to adverse medical outcomes.”
- Your external world can be a representation of your internal world
- Technique: Clean only for 5 minutes
- Real world example of what you can get done in 5 minutes
- It often times extends longer than 5 minutes because of momentum
- IMPORTANT STEP: Feel good after
- This technique won’t work for everything: Some chores take longer
- Future pace
- Set a timer for 5 minutes and clean. Notice how much you can get done. Feel good after!