The clothes you wear can influence those around you as well as how you act. In this episode of the podcast I go into the science that says that by dressing well you can be more likely to negotiate a beneficial deal. By dressing more intelligently you can actually perform better on tests.
I also go into some easy rules you can follow to step up your fashion game in an easy (and not expensive!) way.
- What are you wearing right now, and how does it make you feel?
- The benefits of dressing well
- Does this mean dressing in a 3 piece suit all the time? NO!
- Why wearing fancy clothes can make you feel uncomfortable
- Quote from my friend Michael about his jacket
- Science #1: – Nice clothes Increase abstract thinking
- Science #2 – Nice clothes increase negotiation skill
- Science #3 Taking fashion risks = power
- Clothes are expensive… but they don’t have to be
- Quality is better than quantity
- This is all about intention
- “By dressing well, that is one aspect you can control that influences not only your OWN choices, but also the impressions of those around you.” – me!
- The third piece rule for upping your attire
- Start with elimination: Go through your closet and throw out/donate the clothes that don’t make you feel good. Those pants that don’t fit. The shirt with the food stain.
- Buy one nice piece of clothing.
- At the very least, replace all your socks!
- The third piece rule: Add a third piece of clothing (Shirt, T-shirt)
- jacket, blazer, sweater, vest or statement accessory
Resources & References
- More free resources and recommendations
- Fashion Kellie on Instagram
- Guy Ritchie talking about suits and owning your world
- Queer eye https://www.netflix.com/title/80160037