When you feel like you are being taken advantage of on a regular basis that is a sign that you have a lack of boundaries in place. During this episode I go into detail about why boundaries are so important by reading a letter from a listener. Her boyfriend struggles with anxiety and is relying on her too much in lieu of getting professional help. I talk about how to deal with that situation by setting up boundaries, and how that can apply to your life too.
- Felicity’s letter about her boyfriend with anxiety
- She is a strong leader
- Her boyfriend has anxiety and is leaning on her too much
- This adds a lot of pressure to her life
- What to do?
- What do you do if you are being taken advantage of?
- You can have boundaries in various areas
- With yourself
- Being willing to have a difficult conversation
- It doesn’t always go well
- Placing boundaries is a way to have a LONG TERM relationship
- Setting boundaries with yourself
- Example: The friend with the truck who is always taken advantage of
- Example: Your job who always calls you on your day off
- Call to action: If you are interested in getting on a call with me, let me know!
- What boundaries can you place in your own life?