This is such an important episode to listen to if you want to make a change in 2020. But don’t wait until January 1st! Listen to it before then if you can.
- 3 reasons why you can make a change in 2020
- Temporal landmarks
- “Setting virtuous goals at the beginning of the year can be quite effective, recent research tells us, since the first day of the year is a temporal landmark. Temporal landmarks signal the start of a new, distinct time period — making us feel we can start from a clean slate. They highlight a contrast between current and future goals (which are often different!) and can thus be a relatively simple way to motivate yourself to accomplish your virtuous goals”
- The Fresh Start Effect
- Be more motivated to take action when you feel like you have a clean slate
- Start now… you are ahead of the game!
- This lets you gather data on what works and what doesn’t.
- Don’t tell anyone your goals (unless they are doing it with you)
- Focus on progress, not perfection.
- My meditation story.
- Do a pre-mortem
- Sign up to get the journaling method!
Resources & References
- More free resources and recommendations
- Great scientific american article
- Episode 63 – The episode with the great fire analogy