This episode is all about the choices we make every day. We tell ourselves, “Oh, this doesn’t matter…” if we skip the gym… or skip meditation… or don’t say we are sorry… or a myriad of other things that we think are small, insignificant decisions.
This episode aims to change that mindset, and at the same time unleash IMMEDIATE potential to succeed at long term goals.
- Small choices are the only ones that really matter
- A samurai quote from the hagakure
- Why our life is highlighted by big ‘grand’ decisions rather than small choices
- Once choice is like breaking a single board in martial arts
- You can’t break 1000 boards at once!
- One at a time…
- The power of compound interest
- A story from The Richest Man in Babylon
- Be proud of your small choices, your small victories
- For the next day mindfully be aware of the small choices you make.
- Remind yourself, “What is easy to do, is easy not to do.” and vice versa.
- Take credit for those small victories!
Resources & References
- More free resources and recommendations
- Youtube video I talk about small choices
- Hagakure – A book of the samurai
- The Slight Edge – Book on compound interest
- The Richest Man in Babylon – Great parable about how to manage your money